More and more people are getting the Inman Aligner advantage and when it comes to correcting the front teeth, it has become a favorite among a growing number of dentists. What is Inman Aligner and how does it straighten your teeth?
What is the Inman Aligner?
Inman Aligner is a simple, removable appliance that can quickly and safely align and straighten the front 6 upper/lower front teeth. The Inman Aligner is perfect as a standalone treatment or to correct alignment of the teeth prior to other cosmetic procedures like boding or veneers.
How does it work?
The Inman Aligner has one buccal and one lingual bow that “pushes” the teeth into right position with light and steady forces.
Is it comfortable to wear?
How often should a patient wear it? Does the amount of time it is being worn affects it’s effectively?
You need to wear the Inman Aligners for 16-20 hours/day. General rule of thumb is the more hours the aligners are worn, the faster the treatment and the less hours, the slower the treatment.
How different is the Inman Aligner from the other orthodontic alternatives?
Who is a candidate for the Inman Aligner?
All patients – no matter the age that present following:
- Healthy teeth and gums
- Upper/lower front teeth with mild/moderate crowding and differential wear
- Relapse from earlier orthodontic treatment due to failed retention
- For busy people who cannot wear orthodontic appliance since Inman Aligner can easily be removed for an important meeting/phone call
- Preferably do 1 arch at the time and if you only need to treat upper or lower teeth
How long does a general case take?
Most of my cases take between 6-12 weeks.
What can patients expect when they start wearing it?
How fast it works without pain and what a beautiful smile you can create.
What’s involved in the treatment?
After the first assessment to verify if you are suitably for Inman Aligner treatment:
- Impressions and photos are taken.
- Discussion with the patient which tooth is in most favorably position, etc.
- Measure the width of one tooth for calibration.
At the day of fitting the Inman Aligner:
- Instructions given how to insert/remove the Inman Aligner
- Place the composite “tags” to keep the bow in right place.
- If needed create space by “stripping” between the teeth with very thin diamond strips.
How should patients care for the aligners?
Brush with toothbrush and toothpaste and keep it in the yellow container box when not in use.
Do patients need retainers at the end of the treatment? If so, what kind of retainers are they? And how long should they be worn?
You will always need a retainer after all kind of orthodontic treatment as long you want your teeth to stay aligned. For best results and maintenance post-treatment, I prefer a fixed multi-strained retainer glued to the back of your teeth.
How often are the visits to the dentist?
I see my patients for regular check-ups every 2-3 weeks. Once treatment is complete, I see them every six months to make sure the retainer is in perfect condition.
If you wish to book an appointment, please call Dentcare Dental Clinic at Toll Free: 800 80 80 80 or request an appointment online.